Welcome to Autun !
Have you recently moved to Autun? Are you interested in moving here? You’ll find on this page all relevant information for this important step of your life, with key information about the town and its surroundings.
Coming to Autun
Practical tips : how to come to Autun
In order to find the train (TGV) times to Autun, put «Le Creusot-Montceau TGV» as your final destination on the SCNF website (do not put « Autun »).
Once you arrive at the Le Creusot-Montceau TGV station, you can have someone pick you up, you can take a cab, or take a public bus to Autun (Link to time schedule).
In Autun, use the public transport network Ça roule.
- If you’re looking for a place to buy or rent, we encourage you to visit our dedicated webpage. It has listings of local real estate agencies, public notaries and architects
Good to Know
When you decide to move, you can reserve a parking space in front of your new place for a small fee. Be sure to use this request form and to contact City Hall two weeks before your move.
- Childcare options are coordinated at the intercommunality level, the Grand Autunois Morvan. All information regarding this topic can be found on their website here.
- There are seven schools at the kindergarten and elementary school levels. Each one of them offers daycare services after classes, usually until 6pm each day.
- There are four middle-high and four high schools in town, with a few offering university-level courses as well.
Good to Know
The Lycée Militaire d’Autun is one of the six high schools in France run by the Ministry of Defense.
The “Campus Connecté” is a local study program at the university level. Students can remotely follow courses with partner French universities. You can find more information regarding all university level courses on this French government website (link).
- On this webpage (link), you’ll find a directory of healthcare professionals and health centers in the intercommunality, sorted by specialty.
How to Tackle Paperwork
A lot of paperwork is processed in City Hall, such as getting a French ID or Passport, signing up to vote, or asking for a building permit. Most of this paperwork can be done online. Check out the webpage “Administrative Procedures”, which is accessible directly on the homepage of autun.com
How to come to City Hall
City Hall is usually open every week from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to noon, and 1.30 to 5pm. Please note that City Hall is closed to the public on the following days :
- On all public holidays,
- on the afternoons of March 1st and September 1st, due to the commercial fairs in town,
- the afternoons of Dec. 24th and Dec. 31st
Good to know
The Citizen Services bureau (where you can get a French ID or Passport) welcomes the public on the 2nd floor of City Hall, at the same hours as the rest of City Hall, except on Thursday afternoons, where it is closed to the public.
- Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays : 8.30am to noon, and 1.30 to 5pm
- Thursdays : 8.30am to noon
- Fridays : 8.30am to noon, and 1.30 to 5pm
Meet the Mayor or one of his Deputies
If you wish to meet with the Mayor or one of his Deputies, please make an appointment with the Mayor’s chief of staff at 03 85 86 80 66 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to visit this page (The Mayor and his team). It’s a presentation of the Deputy Mayors, and their areas of policy. You can also find on this page the minutes of the latest municipal council meetings.
Recycling and Waste Management
We take waste management and recycling seriously. You can find all practical information such as sorting instructions and waste collection dates on this dedicated webpage here.
Good to know
You can leave your trash bins and bags outside
starting at 7pm on the day prior to waste collection.
Take advantage of our coworking space
Our coworking space at Bellevue is a great space for anyone who is looking for a flexible workspace solution. You can find all practical information about it on the website of the intercommunality, the Grand Autunois Morvan.
Nature and Leisure Activities
Autun is situated at the entrance of a pristine natural park, the Morvan. It is also a cultural heritage site, with landmarks that are 2.000 years old, dating back to the Roman era.
To take advantage of our local activities, we recommend that you check out the listing of our local associations. You’ll find lots of ideas for cultural, sporting and recreational activities. There are many interesting things to discover and do in Autun and its whereabouts.
Stay connected to the latest information about the town of Autun :
- Subscribe to our Facebook page « Vivre à Autun », and to our Instagramaccount to get the latest information about what’s going on in town.
- Download the application CITYKOMI : it’s free, no signup needed, and it will push relevant information about Autun to your phone. Flash the QR code below for download.
- You can also see upcoming events by looking on the agenda online at autun.com and autun-tourisme.com
For more precise information, autun.com is your best solution !
- You’ll find the agenda of upcoming cultural events with links if you want to book a seat.
- The upcoming events organized by the town and local associations
- How to rent a pedal boat on the lake, how to go to the golf course
- How to book a spot on the bus that will take you on top of the mountain biking trails.
And many more surprises.
Have a good installation and a great discovery of Autun and its region !
They’re also here to help you :
Tourism Office of Autun and its region
13, rue Général Demetz à Autun
+33(0)3 85 86 80 38
The Intercommunality of the Grand Autunois Morvan
The Department of Saône-et-Loire
The Local Assembly which runs the Department, the Departmental Council is situated Lingende street in Mâcon.
The Region “Bourgogne Franche Comté” and the elected Regional Council are in charge of certain public services, such as school transports.
Find out the best spots to visit in the Saône-et-Loire department with the application Route 71
Autun is situated at the entry of the regional natural park of the Morvan. The headquarters of this Natural Park are situated in the town of Saint-Brisson, a 45 minute drive from Autun.
Official site of the prefecture of Saône-et-Loire